[Xfce4-commits] r25126 - in xfce4-panel/trunk: . libxfce4panel

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Wed Mar 7 21:33:22 CET 2007

Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 20:47:33 +0100, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
>

>> On Wed,  7 Mar 2007 18:36:26 +0000 (UTC), Nick Schermer wrote:
>>

>>> Author: nick
>>> Date: 2007-03-07 18:36:25 +0000 (Wed, 07 Mar 2007)
>>> New Revision: 25126
>>>
>>> Modified:
>>>    xfce4-panel/trunk/ChangeLog
>>>    xfce4-panel/trunk/libxfce4panel/xfce-panel-plugin-iface.c
>>> Log:
>>> 	* libxfce4panel/xfce-panel-plugin-iface.c: Don't show the
>>> right-click menu when the user is not allowed to customize the
>>> panel. This way the xfce_panel_plugin_menu_insert_item items are
>>> never show (also the 'save' ones), but they are hardly used (bad
>>> excuse, I know).
>>>
>> I'm not sure this is a good idea. I'd rather remove all critical
>> elements (like "move", "add new item" etc.) than hiding the menu
>> completely. In my -- far from being complete -- xfce4-time-out-plugin
>> I have a checkbox in the menu which toggles whether the countdown is
>> running or not. Not being able to display the root menu as a user
>> makes this impossible.
>>

> To make it clear: Plugins might use the menu for special features which
> have nothing to do with the panel customization itself.
>
> Not displaying the menu at all also has an impact on developer credits
> or possible help menu items.

Yeah, it's probably alright to allow this. We'll just shout at plugin
authors (or panel authors...) who break kiosk mode and expect people who
want to use kiosk mode to test the plugins they provide for their users.

The patch should still work as a temporary fix for the original
reporter, though.

    Jasper