Proposal for a new internal panel-plugin : a "fake" handle

Landry Breuil landry.breuil at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 18:03:02 CEST 2007

2007/7/1, Nick Schermer <nickschermer at gmail.com>:

> Well I have some issues with it (sorry for the late response):
>
> 1) After changing the style, it seems to be impossible to get the
> right-click menu (probably a destroyed widget without setting
> xfce_panel_plugin_menu_show_configure again).

Yep, i confirm this.. have to restart panel to get right-click back

2) What exactly does "expanding empty space" do? Because it pushes
> other plugin off my panel and I can hardly believe this is on purpose.

It's what 'expand' setting  was doing before. The bug when an other plugin
was pushed out of panel  should have been corrected by jasper's fix in
libxfce4panel.

3) You can't expand with a line anymore (duno how trivial that is),
> but maybe 4 styles and an expand option is better?

That was what we discussed before, expand _and_ line was strange to me, so
they are exclusive..

4) Lots of code duplication.

Maybe.. i can't judge, jasper's  implementation was simple and correct to
me.

Landry