Goals for next Xfce releases

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 21:52:13 CET 2007

2007/1/30, Jani Monoses <jani.monoses at gmail.com>:
> I forgot to mention the lack of consistency even within Xfce of naming
> various files, what goes in the dist tarball and what doesn't etc. These
> are all done by existing Xfce and goodie developers who are not that
> comfortable with the tools and mostly copy paste from other projects.

So what files should and shouldn't be in the tarball then? All the
goodies pass the make distcheck stuff (so the important files are
there), I can only think about some README and NEWS files and it
totally depends on the project if those files are relevant for being
distributed.

Anyway IMHO there is nothing wrong with the autotools framework,
especially with xfce-dev-tools. The make files are readable (compared
to gnome) and the macros are easy to use for everyone.

Nick

PS. what's wrong with copy and past ^_^?