Goals for next Xfce releases

Robin Haswell rob at digital-crocus.com
Tue Jan 30 18:26:22 CET 2007

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> - Terminal. I can't think of anything that is missing, but I'm sure some
>   people can...

I can - I'm nailed to Eterm for a very sad reason. Eterm displays using
the the fixed font (aliased), with a fake dropshadow that is just a
black 1px offset of the text.

Unfortunately using a terminal based on GTK does funny things to my eyes
because the text appears too flat and I can't look at anti-aliased text
all day. Also something feel constantly "off" because the font is wrong.

I've been looking at this font and rendering 9:00-5:30, 5 days a week
for about 4 years now. Leaving it will be tricky.

However I am sorely lacking Unicode support in Eterm, and it's generally
decaying.

If someone could make xfce4-terminal output fonts like Eterm with
Unicode support I would probably love them forever :-)

-Rob