Goals for next Xfce releases

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Tue Jan 30 01:05:45 CET 2007

Jani Monoses wrote:
> I'll answer the autotools part i nmore details when I wake up tomorrow.
> In short I agree with what you say, and that there needs to be a
> compelling reason, and a patch is better. But this is a future goals
> thread where patches are not yet ready for most of the topics mentioned.
> Maybe this is useful read
> http://lwn.net/Articles/188693/

I'd rather educate developers about automake then scare everyone off by waving
something as awkward as cmake above their head. Just because KDE does it doesn't
mean that it has any technical merit.

It's C++ too. yuck.

I don't care if it takes 5 instead of 30 seconds to compile Xfce.

I have to edit wha? CMakeLists.txt ? that's just... come on!

Cheers,

Auke