[Fwd: Re: panel issues]

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Mon Jan 29 19:54:54 CET 2007

 > ...One more thing - the first time I've started xfce without Thunar
 > installed, then I've installed it, but the warning window keeps popping up
 > with:
 >
 >   Unable to contact the Xfce Trash service.
 >   Make sure you have a file manager installed that supports
 >   the Xfce Trash service, such as Thunar.
 >
 > The removing of .config didn't help.

All,

this begs for having the thunar trash service automatically start in the
'autostarted applications' just like the tips display. Any reason why we're
still mucking with .xinitrc's and the obvious horrors of the startxfce4 scripts?
It seems like xfce4-session should replace all of these methods.

I'd love to have my screensaver listed, and xfdesktop, and the panel etc....

4.6 material for thought, if I may say so.

Auke