Goals for next Xfce releases

Alexandre Moreira alexandream at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 02:08:55 CET 2007

2007/1/28, Björn Martensen <bjoern.martensen at gmail.com>:
> On Sun, 2007-01-28 at 14:52 -0700, Myles Green wrote:
> > Spell check would be nice to have, as would be tabs... or is that
> > getting to be too much like gedit?
>
> Ah yeah right, tabs would be nice. And working dnd, but I filed a
> feature request for that already.
> I think syntax highlighting is more important as spell checking, but
> that's my preference of course.
>
> I don't think gedit's gui and features are bad, but it has way too many
> dependencies and is awfully slow.

I'm actually designing/implementing a text editor that is much like
Gedit in terms of interface and functionality. Unfortunately I have
little time to do it (I'm spending something like 2 or 3 hours a week
in it) so it will take a ton of time to do.

And as some other guys pointed out, Geany (developed by Enrico Tröger
and possibly others on this list -- I dunno if Nick is here) is a hell
of an editor and always worth giving a shot. Actually one of my
milestones with my pet text editor project is "get like Geany" lol.

Regards,
Alexandre Moreira.