Goals for next Xfce releases

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Sun Jan 28 14:30:11 CET 2007

Nick Schermer wrote:
>> - Terminal. I can't think of anything that is missing, but I'm sure some
>>   people can...
>
> I did some work on full terminal dnd (drag tabs between terminals and
> detach with drag/drop outside the window. Most of this works, but
> there are a couple of problems, so I'll take a look at this later.
>
> Another question I'd like to get answered: Can Xfce 4.6 depend on gtk
> 2.10? There are a lot of interesting features in the gtk 2.10 release,
> but I hate all the #ifdef code... Benny also proposed this for Thunar
> and Terminal, so maybe we can get this sorted out...

GTK+ 2.20 will be out when Xfce 4.6 is released, so that's not a
problem. Also GTK+ 2.8 to 2.10 is less of an issue than the 2.6 to 2.8
move, which broke several setups. GTK+ 2.10 allows to drop some stuff
(i.e. the tray icon stuff) and maybe even integrate with the GtkPrint
framework. The 2.10 file chooser API was changed and I don't plan to
support two APIs for the xfce file chooser integration (don't hold your
breath tho).

> Greets,
> Nick

Benedikt