[Thunar-dev] Developing a new app for Xfce

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Thu Jan 25 17:15:35 CET 2007

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 16:49:01 +0100, "Landry Breuil"
<landry.breuil at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2007/1/25, Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de>:
> >
> > An xfce4-games project sounds like a nice idea. Maybe you should
> > sign up for a goodies account.
>

> I jump on this remark.... i'm planning since some weeks to port
> glines/klines (http://live.gnome.org/Five_or_more)  to Xfce,
> rewriting it from scratch in C or C++ (glines.c code is a real mess
> imho..) adding funny features, and making it only depend on gtk+ and
> eventually libexo. I personally think one of the missing things for
> Xfce as a whole desktop environment is _games_, sounds useless, but
> when you want to make your brain sleep after hours of coding/working,
> this may be distracting. Opinions ?
I like the idea of having a games-goodies(means a goodie with a
collection of small games).

2 years ago, while starting to learn C and Gtk I wrote a little GTK
game called gtk-bandit[1]. It should be a kind of one-armed bandit.
Actually, the code is buggy and incomplete because I lost the interest
in it. But if you think the games-goodies for Xfce would be a good
idea, I can clean and fix the code for inclusion(in the case anyone
finds this game in any way useful *g*).

[1] http://www.uvena.de/projects:gtk-bandit

Regards,
Enrico