Controlling the workspaces

Marco Sinhoreli marco at samurai.com.br
Wed Jan 24 14:05:17 CET 2007

Auke Kok wrote:
> Marco Sinhoreli wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I want use command line to:
>>
>> 1- Control the changing of workspaces,
>> 2- Open an applications (firefox, openoffice, ...) in a different
>> workspace that is in use.
>>
>> How can I implement these functions? It can be configurated or do I need
>> to develop?
>>

> read the FAQ.

I read all FAQ and didn't find any information about it.

What I intend to do is optimize the open applications, opening
applications in a diferents workspaces and when it is ready to run, I
switch the workspaces, so for the user the loading time will not be
perceptive. An implementation to this is described as above.

Are there other implementation to do this?

Cheers,

Marco Sinhoreli