4.4.0 release status - aftermath #2

Andreas Korzinowski andreas.korzinowski at polizei.niedersachsen.de
Mon Jan 22 19:50:38 CET 2007

Auke Kok schrieb:
> we'll certainly do and we're already looking at some of the stats.
>
> * our main server capped a load of 50.00 before we offloaded traffic.
> * www.de.xfce.org already served 14gb of data in the first 16 hours (that's
> 200.000 requests, or about 2 every second average).
> * our main server served 160.000 requests since midnight CET, and about 100.000
> yesterday
>
> in total we already likely crossed 1 million page accesses since the release
> announcement. *g*

Wow, thats really heavy load.
This shows how many people read the anouncement. And thereby it shows
how many people want a small and fast desktop, and not a fully featured
but slow desktop.

I think you all have done a very good job.

Are there plans to exhibit xfce4 at CeBIT ?
There is a every year a growing Linux-Park.

> Auke

Andreas

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Andreas Korzinowski

Polizeiamt für Technik und Beschaffung Niedersachsen
Testteam
Tannenbergallee 11
30163 Hannover

Tel.: 0511-9695 - 7547