4.4.0 release status - aftermath

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Mon Jan 22 04:20:37 CET 2007

Hi all,

for those interested, we just finished the official release with the
announcement by Olivier. The status of the release being done doesn't mean that
it's all over for us here behind the controls, just yet ;)

we have 3 out of 4 mirrors up and serving, the 4th one has problems with the
encoding so we'll leave it out until that gets fixed tomorrow. The main site is
currently running most of the requests and serving about 3/5 requests per second
at an average of 30-40 connections per second. Load is good, nothing to worry
about, about 0.15 average over the last period.

Some people have used URL's like www-test.* in announcements, which causes the
main server to serve that url only. Don't do it, you just piss us off and cause
others not to get the speedy pages that they could have gotten if you posted the
right links.

we'll have fun watching slashdot and digg.com referrals come in for the next few
hours (days?) and keep you posted in case it's interesting.

for now, have fun with 4.4.0 :)

Cheers,

Auke