Define keyboard keys as mouse clicks

Rob spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 19 15:26:14 CET 2007

Stephan Arts wrote:

>> Would this mean that my numeric-pad is not going to

>> work anymore after enable my mouse keys?
>
>Only when you have num-lock en-/disabled (dunno which one)

No, when the number keys of numeric-pad show the numbers,
then that completely stops as soon as the mouse-keys are
enabled. No matter what I do with the num-lock key!
I tried to switch with the num-lock key while the
mouse-keys were enabled, but still nothing!

>> All I want is this:
>> There is a special key on my keyboard, a few keys
>> to the right of the space bar, which in MS-Windows
>> does same as the right-mouse-click.
>
> ohh... that one... can't you do that with xmodmap
> or something?

In ~/.Xmodmap I have this defined:
  keycode 117 = Pointer_Button3
which only starts working from the moment I have
the mouse-keys enabled :(.
Do you know how to do this with the mouse-keys disabled?

Thanks,
Rob.