Squeeze is in need for an icon.

Alexandre Moreira alexandream at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 13:47:19 CET 2007

2007/1/17, Giuseppe Torelli <colossus73 at gmail.com>:
> On 1/17/07, Jean-Francois Wauthy <pollux at xfce.org> wrote:
> > Use the GtkIconTheme and gtk_icon_theme_load_icon using 'audio-midi'
> > as icon name once you known the mime type. This will also enable icon
> > theming support.
>
> Thanks for the hint, how can I know the mime type without using
> thunar-vfs? Shall I build an internal databases of suffixes such as:
> .mid = 'audio-midi' etc etc?

I'm looking for a solution for the same problem with an application of
mine. There seems to be some packages on freedesktop.org that handles
this.

libsharedmime (independent developer) and xdgmime (freedesktop.org)
both seems to address this problem, but I couldn't dig it much, just
found them out this morning before coming to work. I'll let you know
if I find anything more (and please do the same if you do first hehe).

Best Regards,
Alexandre Moreira.