small 'xfrun4' issue when 'run in terminal' crashes

Piotr Chmura chmooreck at poczta.onet.pl
Tue Jan 16 22:46:10 CET 2007

Brian J. Tarricone napisaa(a):

> Piotr Chmura wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> 4.4 rc2
>>
>> I just found small issue in Alt-F2 (run application) window...
>>
>> When i turn on 'run in terminal' option i get error: 'Failed to execute
>> default Terminal Emulator. I/O error.' -> this is my problem (wrong
>> urxvt parametrs) ;-)
>>
>> The issue: When i turn on this dialog (alt+F2) again the checkbox 'run
>> in terminal' is not set, but behaves like checked already.
>>

>> Please tell me for which application i should file a bug report.
>
> As Erik said, bugzilla.xfce.org, Xfce->general is fine.

bug 2765
With steps to reproduce. Looks like very small bug in view refresh.
Feel free to ask more questions ;-)

> Could you also provide (in your bug report) these 'wrong urxvt
> parameters' (not sure what you mean there) so someone can try to
> reproduce the problem the way you did?

This is tottaly unrelated (i had 'urxvt "%s"' instead of 'urxvt -e "%s"'
as my preffered terminal app ;-), now it works like a charm). You can
run any application to see this issue.

ChmOO