mailpost failure (scrye.xfce-dev): inews failed: inews: more than 101 lines of header inews: article not posted

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Tue Jan 16 03:25:52 CET 2007

> Hmmm, now I'm quite confused.
>
> There nothing like "xfsm-shutdown-helper" anywhere
> in the /etc/sudoers file. So restart/shutdown for
> regular users should be disabled, but it's not.
>
> Now I am stuck at: how do I disable something that
> is supposedly already disabled?
>
> Any idea how to solve this problem?

It's not using sudo. It's using dbus/hal. By default the policy in
fedora is to allow users on the console to shutdown/reboot with
dbus/hal.

> I'm running Fedora Core 6 with xfce4 4.3.99.2-1.fc6
> installed.

I think you need to modify your:

/usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/10osvendor/10-power-mgmt-policy.fdi

and restart hal.

Unfortunately, hal is not very well documented, and I haven't ever had
the need to disable shutdown/reboot, so not exactly sure which lines
you need to change. :(

Hopefully that at least points you in the right direction.

> Thanks for you help.
> Rob.

kevin