Restart/Shutdown buttons at logout: how to disable?

Rob spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 16 00:46:03 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm running Fedora Core 6 with a RC of latest
XFCE installed.

If a user logs in via the main Xlogin screen, then
upon logout appear three buttons:
   [logout] [restart] [shutdown]
which allows any regular user to restart/shutdown
the PC. Is this a 'feature' of Xorg, or of XFCE.
I would like to disable this?

Strange enough: if I start an XFCE session via
a test terminal, e.g. "startx -- :1 vt8", then upon
logout the restart/shutdown buttons are already
disabled.

Thanks,
Rob.