keyboard layouts configuration tool

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 11:14:16 CET 2007

The utility is nicely done. Congratulations.

There is however one thing that I'm wondering about for quite some
time. The xfce4-xkb-plugin has a limit of 4 different layouts. So does
the new mcs plugin. For general, normal use I am
quite OK with this limit. Nonetheless, for random use I'd be happy to have the
possibility to switch between something like 5-6 different layouts.

My question is: is this an Xorg limitation or should it be considered
a bug in the xfce4-xkb-plugin?

Thanks in advance,
Liviu

On 1/10/07, Gauvain Pocentek <gauvainpocentek at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I wrote a small utility which allows users to modify keyboard layouts
> without modifying xorg.conf [1]. This tool is a standalone app, but I
> guess it could belong to the current keyboard mcs plugin.
> Would you be interested in including such a tool in xfce-mcs-plugins? If
> so I'm obviously ready to provide a patch.
>
> Thanks,
> Gauvain
>
> [1]: http://gauvain.tuxfamily.org/code/xfkc.html
>
> NB: I sent this mail yesterday but it seems to be stuck somewhere. Sorry
> if it appears twice on the list.

Liviu