Icon names for panel icon themes.

Landry Breuil landry.breuil at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 10:02:34 CET 2007

2007/1/11, Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at xfce.org>:

> Alexandre Moreira wrote:
> > Hello, everyone.
> >
> > I am trying to use some icons I downloaded as icons in a panel icon
> > theme and would like to know the names of those default icons the
> > panel looks for.
> >

> It uses the categories defined in this file (not all, only until
> XFCE_ICON_CATEGORY_DEVELOPMENT):
>
>   http://svn.xfce.org/svn/xfce/libxfcegui4/trunk/libxfcegui4/icons.h
>
> These categories are looked up by names defined in this file:
>
>   http://svn.xfce.org/svn/xfce/libxfcegui4/trunk/libxfcegui4/icons.c
>
> There is a table with icon names, one row per category. The first name
> in the list is tried first.

i jump on this topic to renew my proposal :  why not adding an
"application-mailer" category ? I know this implies to add a new icon to
each icon-theme, but this would be a real user improvement. People tend to
have a launcher for a web browser _and_ a mailer, so 'applications-internet'
cannot be reused... i know hicolor's fd.o theme has a xfce-mail.png.

Ideas ? Objections ?
I file a feature request for post 4.4-release ?

Landry