Start a program in a special Screen

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Wed Jan 10 22:16:48 CET 2007

Mathias Brodala wrote:
> Hello Andreas.
>
> Andreas Korzinowski, 10.01.2007 17:10:
>> Is there a opportunity to start a program on a specific Desktop ?
>> (on the same Computer, not in another Xserver)
>> Is  it possible  to add a special  item for this to the launcher-file  ?
>
> From this list’s FAQ:

That make me think of something... Technically, we could let the user
specify a desktop using startup notification.

For apps that support startup notification, when it's enabled, we could
eventually add a field to the launcher to let the user set a specific
workspace to start the application.

Somewhat hacky, for sure, but that would work with all WM that support SN.

Just an idea...

Cheers,
Olivier.