FrapMenu menu/item ordering

Stefan Stuhr xfce4devlist at sstuhr.dk
Wed Feb 21 20:42:36 CET 2007

ons, 21 02 2007 kl. 20:19 +0100, skrev Jannis Pohlmann:
> They're unsorted as the order is unimportant for internal use.
> Comparing them by names is really easy with the help of a GCompareFunc
> as you can see above.

I will admit that I don't know the fd.org menu standard, but if the
implementation in GNOME follows the standard (I do believe that it
does), then the order does matter - and not necessary a sorted order.

E.g. in the GNOME menu editor, alacarte, it's possible to manually move
menu items around (be it menu directories/submenus, menu entries, or
separators), and place them in a manual, non-sorted order of choice.

> HTH,
>   Jannis

Stefan