4.4.1:session client cleanup

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Mon Feb 5 22:02:05 CET 2007

Danny Milosavljevic wrote:
> [snip]
> This is a huge change in terms of number of lines, but it doesn't change anything at all in terms of existing functionality.
>
> Then again, it fixes point 2 and 3. (Point 1 is unfixable in principle)
>
> What do you think?

Danny, sorry, but that makes the session client code even worse. You add
all the complexity of the really stupid XSM protocol to the session
client interface. Please consider using ExoXsessionClient or use a small
custom piece of code, like ThunarSession does. You can also check
EggSessionClient.

In either case, this particular piece of code in libxfcegui4 is fine as
it is until we come up with a better session client class (which will
happen at the time xfce4-session is rewritten, so don't hold your
breath...).

> cheers,
>   Danny

Benedikt