New Years resolutions

Robby Workman xfce at rlworkman.net
Fri Dec 28 23:17:22 CET 2007

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Hello friends,
>
> This is not about my plans for Xfce. I didn't know what title I should
> give this message, so I tried to choose something neutral.
>
> This message is about me, about life and new challenges. Because for
> 2008 I have only one real goal and that is to be a good dad!!
>
> Yes, you read that correctly ;-)  My wife is pregnant and in January
> our first child will will be born (unless he or she decides to arrive
> this week...).  We are very happy about it and very excited about this
> new life we will be bringing into the world.
>
> I really want to stay involved with Xfce development, but this is all
> new to me and I have no idea what will happen.
>
> So, realistically, Nick will be the real maintainer of the panel --
> ok, I have to admit it, he has been for some time ;-)
>
> Anyway, best wishes for the new year to you all.

BIG congratulations, Jasper - your life is about to change in
major ways!  Our first child was born in August [1], and wow,
it's wonderful being a parent.  Prepare for lots of sleepless
nights...

If you're lucky, you can get some coding done in the early
morning hours while you're waiting for the baby to wake up
for the next feeding.  :-)

[1] http://blog.rlworkman.net/2007/08/makenna-lillian-workman.html

-RW