[Xfce4-commits] r26505 - in xfdesktop/trunk: . modules/menu

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Wed Dec 26 19:30:09 CET 2007

Hey Brian,

Am Wed, 26 Dec 2007 06:59:39 +0000 (UTC)
schrieb "Brian Tarricone" <kelnos at xfce.org>:

> Author: kelnos
> Date: 2007-12-26 06:59:39 +0000 (Wed, 26 Dec 2007)
> New Revision: 26505
>
> Modified:
>    xfdesktop/trunk/configure.ac.in
>    xfdesktop/trunk/modules/menu/desktop-menu.c
> Log:
> invalidate .desktop file cache when something changes, disable
> adding per-file monitors (per-directory is enough), tho there appears
> to be a bug in the menu directory monitor code in libxfce4menu

I've tested this update on my laptop and monitoring indeed does not
seem to work.

I wrote a small test program which is the same as test-display-menu.c
from libxfce4menu/trunk/tests/ but which adds ThunarVFS support. Like
xfdesktop it only monitors directories and rebuilds the whole menu on
filesystem changes. Maybe you can get some inspirations from it, dunno.
If not, I can debug xfdesktop again to see if I can find the problem. I
don't think it's a bug in libxfce4menu, but of course I might be wrong.

Hope this helps,
Jannis