libxfce4ui

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 15:23:47 CET 2007

2007/12/15, Nick Schermer <nickschermer at gmail.com>:
> xfce-exec.h
> ===========
>
> Used in a lot of code. Keep it.

On a side note, more libraries provide things like this, exo has
exo_execute for preferred applications and thunar has similar code
(internal) in thunar-vfs (is the handling of sn better in thunar-vfs,
Benny?)
The functions using *_with_envp are not used in the desktop either,
only internal, sure we could argue leaving them out of the public api.

For executing in a terminal, xfterm4 -e is used. Is this script going
to live forever (I don't see a reason why not, just checking)? Or use
exo-open directly?

Nick