xfce 4.4.2 installer package fail at XFCE4 Window Manager

Alexander Toresson alexander.toresson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 16:40:09 CET 2007

On Dec 6, 2007 1:07 PM, Tony.Shum <Tony.Shum at analog.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I downloaded the latest version with "-j 1" in the control.sh.  But I am
> getting following error message, any idea?
>
> xfwm4-startup_notification.o: In function `sn_client_startup_properties':
> /home/tshum/unix/archive/xfce/xfce4-4.4.2-installer/xfwm4/src/startup_notification.c:286:
> undefined reference to `sn_startup_sequence_get_timestamp'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>

> Thanks in advance.
> --Tony

Hello,

probably your libstartup-notification is broken. Make sure that you do
not have different versions of the header files and the library itself
installed.
Another possibility is that for some reason the Xfce build files
aren't linking the program against libstartup-notification, this could
both be the fault of them or of the libstartup-notiication pkg-config
(.pc) file. But with just the error above, it's not possible to know
which.

Regards, Alexander Toresson