the state of xfkc (Xfce Keyboard Layout Configuration)

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 16:38:34 CEST 2007

On 8/20/07, Gauvain Pocentek <gauvainpocentek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I attached a patch a while ago on bug #1901 to include xfkc in mcs-settings.
> There's certainly quite some work to do, but if there's an interest on
> both users and developers sides, I'd be happy to spend some more time on it.

Considering that the Xfce audience is quite international, I imagine
that many users would simply be delighted to have a simple graphical
utility for configuring the Keyboard layout (that is, no more nano
/etc/X11/xorg.conf). As for offering Xfce to end-users, which cannot
or are not interested in learning anything more than point and click,
this "out-of-the-box" mcs plugin would represent a somewhat best
solution.

It would be an important addition to the Desktop environment as a
whole if Xfkc integrates well with Xfce and is provided to users as an
official plugin (considering the libxklavier dependency).

> Regards,
> Gauvain

Liviu