xfce4-panel broken [WAS: Netk deprecation notice [WAS Re: [proposal] Modify the panel-plugin interface, add 'powersave-mode'.]]

Stephan Arts stephan at xfce.org
Mon Aug 13 00:05:34 CEST 2007

On 8/12/07, Nick Schermer <nickschermer at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/8/12, Brian J. Tarricone <bjt23 at cornell.edu>:
> > Didn't you remove XfceClock from libgui?  That's an API and ABI change,
> > and the libtool version number needs to be bumped (regardless of who
> > you think was or wasn't using that part of the lib, it still needs to
> > happen).
> >

> Nope not yet, some people (including myself) are still not happy with
> the new clock plugin I wrote, so I won't touch libxfcegui4 until the
> replacement is fully accepted. Maybe it's also better to remove it
> together with netk when we've switched to wnck.

Still, changing it to indicate it is in development might not be a bad
idea. It is different to the 4.4 branch, so lets make that clear ;-).
That it will change some more before 4.6 is probably true, but for the
4.6 release we could probably change it some more. (4.5 / 4.6 or
something)

my 2 ct

Stephan