xfce4-panel broken [WAS: Netk deprecation notice [WAS Re: [proposal] Modify the panel-plugin interface, add 'powersave-mode'.]]

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 16:44:44 CEST 2007

2007/7/19, Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at gmail.com>:

> Well, upgrading libxfcegui4 does improve things. Makes me think that
> someone changed the API or ABI without changing the version.

The api/abi has not been changed between trunk/4_4_branch (when
switching between those 2, external plugins keep working w/o problems
here).

> But still, the panel is broken. No launcher work, it still fires up a
> bunch of warnings like:
>
> At startup: GLib-CRITICAL **: g_string_insert_c: assertion `pos <=
> string->len' failed

As you already mentioned in you other email this is the argv parse
code, but the same code is also used in thunar...

> Clicking on a task in the tasklist:  Gtk-CRITICAL **:
> gtk_widget_set_sensitive: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

Only a new setting (show/hide handles) has been added in trunk, so I
doubt this is related to xfce4-panel.

> So whoever broke the panel needs to fix it, or revert the changes
> because it prevents us from testing your patch properly...

I'd really like to (since I did most of the changes in trunk), but it
works fine here. You're also the first one reporting those problems,
so maybe more 64 bit users can test the trunk panel?

Nick