Database access

Masse Nicolas masse_nicolas at yahoo.fr
Thu Apr 19 20:54:24 CEST 2007

Le Wed, 18 Apr 2007 22:47:27 +0300,
Jani Monoses <jani.monoses at gmail.com> a écrit :

> And while I am not a C++ I am pretty sure those performance
> advantages are insignificant

I think you 're wrong here. I've already read on other mailing list
people complaining about gtkmm because it's too heavy. I'm pretty sure
XFC have all the necessary stuff to be the solution.

> Most time is spent on reading the disk or doing unnecessary things,
> and as far as memory is concerned, on reading and keeping too much
> data not how many pointer indirections are done or signal handling
> details.

heu, no. The way things are written in C++ can change lots of things
about performance and memory usage.

Anyway, I'm happy to see someone working again on XFC. I already tough
on maintening XFC myself in the past, but the things is that I'm
really lacking of time.

Bountykiller.