Database access

Landry Breuil landry.breuil at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 14:52:18 CEST 2007

2007/4/18, Jani Monoses <jani.monoses at gmail.com>:

> > Considering that XFC seems to be orphaned right now, I'd say any
> > maintainer is better than no maintainer.
>
> Is XFC used by any app? With the xfce libs getting trimmed and replaced by
> new GTK+2.0
> functionality why not just use gtkmm for C++ apps? XFC does not sound that
> useful in this
> context; just like the perl/python bindings that have not been used much
> either, it mostly
> looks like a fun project but with no clear reason to be.

How can you say that a free software project has "no clear reason to be" ?
Did you read its motivations regards to gtkmm and other c++
wrappers/toolkits on http://xfc.xfce.org/faq.xhtml#faq09 ?
Jeff worked a lot on Xfc _for fun_, and XFC didn't get the attention it
deserved imho. And i think it's really sad that XFC is orphaned, as Jeff
doesn't respond to e-mails....

My 2c,
Landry