xfce4-mixer

samuel samuel.verstraete at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 22:26:33 CEST 2007

Hi dannym,

both xfce4-mixer 4.4.1 and the svn version fail to properly initialise
my sound card, i get the following very interesting message:

Build with alsa support, and soundcard is just a normal snd-hda-intel
as found on current intel mainboards.
any hints, Dannym?

gr,S.

$ xfce4-mixer
alsa: error: master control not found. I even tried to guess wildly,
but to no avail.
alsa: info: developer information follows: (send E-Mail to Developer with that)
alsa: * Headphone,0
alsa: * Front,0  <--- hint hint
alsa: * Front Mic,0  <--- hint hint
alsa: * Surround,0  <--- hint hint
alsa: * Center,0  <--- hint hint
alsa: * LFE,0  <--- hint hint
alsa: * Side,0  <--- hint hint
alsa: * Line,0  <--- hint hint
alsa: * Mic,0  <--- hint hint
alsa: * IEC958,0
alsa: * Capture,0
alsa: * Capture,1
alsa: * Input Source,0
alsa: * Input Source,1
alsa: info: end of developer information