Squeeze user-interface wish-list

Harold Aling h.aling at home.nl
Tue Apr 3 12:39:07 CEST 2007

>> I would like to know what you like, and don't like about squeeze.
>>

> Nothing to say

Select a single file within your archive, push the 'extract' button,
browse to the folder where you'd like to file to be placed and push
'Extract'... -> doesn't work

Squeeze expects a filename here???

>> I am not talking about archive-support, more archive types like 7zip
>> and arj will be supported in the near future anyway. I am referring to
>> the user interface, and it's general behavior.
>>
>> What do you think could be improved?
>>

> Drag and Drop :)

DnD would be cool! Also adding files by DnD and if you've added all
files needed, a 'save' action saves the new archive.

I'd also like Progress bars, extraction speed and the ETA...

ISO[1] support? A .iso file is also an archive in my opinion...

-H-

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_9660