Xfce 4.4 on FreeBSD

Oliver Lehmann oliver at FreeBSD.org
Wed Sep 13 06:18:46 CEST 2006

Rodrigo Coacci wrote:

> I know this might not be right list to ask this, but i really didn't wanted
> to sign in another list just for that :-P
>
> I'm willing to try FreeBSD, but only if I can have Xfce 4.4, RC1 or svn,
> don't matter :-P
> Can someone point me to where I can find (if any) Xfce 4.4 port? A quick
> look at the ports site showed me only the 4.2 version...
> If not, provided I install gnu autotools, make, etc, will the rc1 installer
> work?

It is kept as patch + shar until 4.4 is released. Then it will be
imported to the ports collection. 4.4RC1 Patch and shar file for aplying
in /usr/ports can be found here:

http://people.freebsd.org/~oliver/xfce/xfce4.4_ports_05.tar.bz2

After applying, You'll have xfce 4.4 RC1 and the 4.4 updated plugins in
your /usr/ports

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/