Xfc status ?

Landry Breuil landry.breuil at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 19:56:00 CEST 2006

Hi devs !

I'd like to know the status of Xfc ... is it a dead project (last commit was
~14 months ago..) ?
Will it be updated to wrap the new 4.4 api's ? In fact, from what i
understood, current Xfc doesn't wrap Xfce api at all, only Gtk & others ..
so how is Xfc so related to Xfce ? Is it only a simple alternative to other
c++ bindings to Gtk, like gtkmm and wxwidgets ? Can it be considered a C++
binding for Xfce libs (i don't think so atm) ?
I personally find the idea of using C++ to program Gtk apps more natural
than directly using Gtk in C, and think the concepts of Xfc are more simple
than other Gtk bindings, and really well explained/documented on the website
(really loved the complete docs in the site) ... but it sadly seems unused.
Is there some real apps using theses libraries ?
What are the others Xfce-related apps which use other Xfce bindings like
xfce4-perl and pyxfce ?

Thanks for any clarification :)

Landry