xfwm4 compositor generates problems

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 15:24:47 CEST 2006

I have searched bugzilla and didn't find anything on this.

I am using Xfce RC1 with Xorg 7.1 (compositor
enabled). When I enable the compopsitor in
WM Tweaks, I have 2 miss-behaving applications: VLC and xv.

VLC is utterly uncapable of displaying movies in full-screen mode (tried to
enable a full-screen related option in WM Tweaks, but didn't help). It has
also problems displaying movies at all. Xv, on the other hand, has a blanc
screen. That is, the application starts quite fine but inside the window
decorations there is nothing. Both programs respond to inputs, but they do
not display anything. Xv is blanc. VLC is
black. When moving/resizing both applications,
they start to display normally.

The problem is solved when disabling the compositor in WM Tweaks. Hope
this helps the devels..

--
Liviu