ubuntu bugtracker

Moritz Heiber moe at xfce.org
Thu Oct 5 11:36:51 CEST 2006

On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 11:01:40 +0300
Jani Monoses <jani.monoses at gmail.com> wrote:

> These are well-known trade-offs and I do not intend to make this a
> thread on discussing them. With all respect I am not interested in
> people's opinion on this as it does not change a thing.

What makes you think we care about your's then?

Seriously though, do you think you can get each and every $MAINTAINER
(be it Xfce related or not) to take a look at Ubuntu's bugtracker just
because you're unwilling to push them to the Xfce bugtracker yourself?

I mean, Ubuntu has such a huge base .. wouldn't it be easier to have
somebody sort out the valid bugreports (interesting to the developers
behind Xfce) and report them upstream instead of letting foreign
developers digg through tons of Ubuntu related errors/malfunctions?

Regards,

Moritz