crashes with matlab

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Wed Nov 29 18:24:06 CET 2006

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 12:44:46 -0800 "Brian J. Tarricone"
<bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> On 11/21/2006 12:30 PM, Erik Harrison wrote:
> > On 11/21/06, Brian J. Tarricone <bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:
>
> >> Well, first you need to figure out what's actually crashing.  If X
> >> itself is what's crashing, then regardless of your differing
> >> experience while using Xfce and GNOME, the fault is with X and we
> >> probably can't help you.  If it's an Xfce app, it would probably
> >> be xfce4-session, as that's the only app that would cause X to
> >> exit on a crash.
> >
> > Actually, if it's Xfce 4.2.x it could be the panel
>
> Doubtful.  We did ship the session manager with 4.2.  Unless Fedora
> didn't ship it (unlikely) or the user manually disabled it and
> customised their xinitrc, it's probably xfce4-session.

Hi Brian,

Thank you for the responses!

Could you please recommend some method for debugging this problem?  Is
there some way I could get back-traces or similar information from
xfce4-session?

Currently, my entire X server crashes and the only debugging information
I get is a few "connections to X server lost..." sort of messages from
one or more applications.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD  |  ed at eh3.com  |  http://eh3.com/