Xarchiver 0.4.6 released

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Wed Nov 29 14:11:21 CET 2006

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 07:53:00 +0100, "Giuseppe Torelli"
<colossus73 at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

> > - I patched src/callback.c to use htmlview by default. This fires
> > up the browser from Gnome's "preferred applications" (at least on
> > Fedora/Red Hat). The patch also includes epiphany, konqueror and
> > seamonkey.
>
> Thank you, I applied the patch:
> http://svn.xfce.org/log.php?repname=xfce4&path=%2Fxarchiver%2F&sc=1
I think the current code (testing for various browsers) should only be
a fallback. The first attempt to open a browser should be done with the
use of libexo which provides exo_url_show() (see
http://www.xfce.org/documentation/api-4.4/exo/exo-Opening-URLs.html#exo-url-show).
This functions opens the given URL in the user-defined browser and only
if this doesn't work(maybe the user didn't set a browser yet) the
current code should be executed to try common browsers.

Just an idea.

Regards,
Enrico