xfterm4 script recursivity bug?

Xavier Otazu xotazu at cvc.uab.es
Wed Nov 15 19:43:48 CET 2006

	Hi:

> From: Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de>

> > 1) Xfce 4.4 RC2 xfterm4 script has a potential recursivity.
>
> That can only happen if you explicitly enter xfterm4 as your preferred
> terminal emulator, which doesn't make sense, since xfterm4 is a
> wrapper to fire up your preferred terminal emulator. And by the way,
> the xfterm4 script is considered obsolete.

	I see.

	But, xfterm4 is one of the options that appear on the menu that
appears on the exo-preferred-applications programm. May be it is better
to eliminate this option to avoid the problem.

> > 2) "exo-preferred-applications" icon does not appear on the Xfce
> > settings managers (I think it appeared in the RC1). Or it is not on
> > the RC2, or it is not correctly implemented on the FreeBSD port or
> > I've not correctly configured/installed this port.
>
> The icon is installed to hicolor, like all other fallback icons.

	I made a mistake. I mean the exo-preferred-applications plugin.
That is, on RC2 I cannot open the exo-preferred-applications program
from the settings manager, but I was able on RC1.

cheers

Xavier