Double clicking on the desktop icon of a removable device

Gregoire Gentil gregoire at gentil.com
Thu Nov 2 16:42:50 CET 2006

Brian,

I still have the problem with the very latest build. The bug seems to be
a little bit more complex. It's not working only in this scenario:

-1. Launch Xfce

-2. Insert immediately a removable disk (the icon appears on the desktop
and the disk is mounted according to "mount" in a terminal)

-3. Double click on the new icon. I get the following error in console
#1:
(xfdesktop:5632): CRITICAL **: xfdesktop_file_icon_activated: assertion
'info' failed. According to the source code, xfdesktop returns at the
top of xfdesktop_file_icon_activated.

Note that if xfdesktop is started AFTER the insertion of the removable
device, then it's working perfectly well and the message mentioned above
doesn't appear.

It seems to be a problem of initialization of icon. Can you reproduce?

Grégoire

PS: Any idea on this one I posted a few days ago:
"Perhaps, it would make sense to default a move instead of a copy when a
drag and drop action is triggered by the user. Indeed, Thunar has a
default move action when drag and dropping. Moreover, if you drag and
drop a file to the trash, it doesn't make a lot of sense to see the plus
overlay icon."