Customization xfdesktop and thunar

Gregoire Gentil gregoire at gentil.com
Tue May 30 20:13:00 CEST 2006

Hello,

I would like to customize which root items appear on Thunar (home user,
file system, removable device and so on) and also on xfdesktop. For
instance, I would like to avoid some removable devices to appear in the
tree / shortcut views of Thunar and on the desktop.

1. As a first step, I simply patched libthunar-vfs. I hard-coded my
stuff. It works fine but it's not very clean. Is there any better option
to achieve my goal? Is there a config file somewhere to decide what is
available on the desktop and in the tree view of Thunar?

2. The same way, I would like to add a user home item on xfdesktop - the
same way you have the user home in Thunar. Same questions? Any config
file to do that? If not, can anyone tell me which file should I patch in
xfdesktop?

Gregoire