Default desktop colors

Stephan Arts psybsd at gmail.com
Tue May 30 16:28:41 CEST 2006

On 5/25/06, Biju Chacko <botsie at xfce.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 24 May 2006, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>
> > Fine by me, though it seems a bit...  drab and boring.  I think you
> > could say "some people don't like X" for just about any color.  I'd say
> > go for something pleasing to the eye, and if people don't like it, too
> > bad.  It's not like it takes effort to change it.
>
> I agree. While I really don't like the current colour, this one is kinda
> dull. I'd suggest something with a similar tone to the button highlight
> colour (that is, the orange-ish shade).
>
> -- b

There is a reason ppl do not like green, and it has something to do
with color-blindness.

I don't know exactly what it is, but to some people green can be offensive.

I know that blue has been over-done by just about everyone nowadays.
But there was a good reason ppl started using it. (It is also the
reason the BSOD exists and is not a GSOD or RSOD)

Again, i have forgotten the physics behind it, but there is a very
good reason not to use green and red.

Stephan