xfdesktop icon text color

Nikolas Arend Nikolas.Arend at gmx.net
Mon May 22 16:56:57 CEST 2006

Jani Monoses wrote:
>> Thanks a lot Brian, that helped, changing both the alpha value and the
>> text color via the mcs plugin seems to work now. I think I will create a
>> patch for the next beta release and post it on the mailing lists, in
>> case anybody is interested.
>>

> Can you post the patch against current svn now?

Hi,

attached please find the patches (for xfdesktop svn revision 21769)
which enable setting the icon label background and text color via the
mcs plugin. The patches are against the src/ and settings/
subdirectories, so apply them in the xfdesktop source directory like

patch -p0 < xfdesktop_src.patch
patch -p0 < xfdesktop_settings.patch

There are two new options in xfdesktop.xml, "icons_label_alpha" (int
type) and "icons_text_color" (color type). If those options are not
found in xfdesktop.xml (e.g. not applied yet) and there are respective
settings in the users gtkrc file (as posted by Brian recently), like

style "xfdesktop-icon-view" {
    fg[NORMAL] = "#ff0000"
    fg[SELECTED] = "#ff0000"
    fg[ACTIVE] = "#ff0000"
    XfdesktopIconView::label-alpha = 100
}
widget_class "*XfdesktopIconView*" style "xfdesktop-icon-view"

those settings will be applied. In case there are no such gtkrc entries,
default values (currently label alpha = 155, text color = black) are set.
Once the entries for "icons_label_alpha" and "icons_text_color" are
present in xfdesktop.xml, they will be applied at startup.
IMHO, that order makes sense.

Please review the code and tell me what's wrong or improvable. And let
me know if the patches don't work for you.

Best,   Nick.