xfdesktop icon text color

Nikolas Arend Nikolas.Arend at gmx.net
Sat May 20 19:40:04 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm playing around a bit with xfdesktop and implemented code for two
options that allow for altering the icon label opacity/translucency
(alpha value) and the color of the icon text via the mcs plugin.
Changing the alpha value of the label background works fine but I'm
struggling with the icon text color. So far I only managed to modify the
text color of the whole parent window, which means the text color in
right-click menus etc will change as well.
How can I access and apply only the color attributes of the icon label
text? Is there a member in _XfdesktopIconViewPrivate, *playout maybe? I
tried to change Pango attributes for the PangoLayout, with no success.

Does anybody have a hint here (I suppose Brian knows xfdesktop's code
inside out)?

Thanks a lot,   Nick.