Simple build script for the Xfce SVN version

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Sun May 14 17:05:43 CEST 2006

Hi,

I guess, some of you have already written a little build script to
fetch and compile the sources from SVN.
Well, I did it also and here it is. The file is attached. It is a
simple (bash) shell script, which explains itself if it is run without
any options.

Surely, it isn't perfect nor complete, but perhaps it helps someone. Of
course, it is GPL, so do what you want with it ;-).

If anyone has some improvements or other comments, just drop me a mail.
The script is also available at:
http://www.uvena.de/snippets:bash:xfce4_build
(if updates available, they will go there)

Short instructions:
You should start with an empty directory, where you put this script.
Edit the script and modify the list of packages or modules, you want to
install.
Then run the script with:
./build.sh init
this fetches the sources from the subversion servers and
./build.sh build
configures, builds and installs the sources.
For more information, read the script(it's really simple), test it or
ask me.

regards,
Enrico

Geany, a lightweight IDE using GTK2 - http://geany.uvena.de