Small feature request

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Wed May 10 18:26:34 CEST 2006

Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> You can take a look at Verve. The tab auto-completion is very simple.
> You just have to read all binaries in $PATH (and those from the history)
> into a g_completion and cycle through it when TAB is pressed. It's in
> verve-plugin/trunk/panel-plugin/verve-plugin.c in the goodies SVN.

How about loading $PATH asynchronously? Problem I noticed with verve,
when $PATH contains a folder on slow media (large NFS folder in this
case) it blocks the UI for some time. You can have a look at the create
launcher stuff in exo-desktop-item-edit/, which does the async loading
for the completion model.

> Regards,
> Jannis

greets,