XfceTitledDialog

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Thu May 4 22:28:12 CEST 2006

Benedikt Meurer wrote:

>> I like the new look of the dialog headers, and I'm sure your
>> implementation is more than sufficient ^_~.
>>
>> Though I see there's some extraneous stuff in your patch...  ^_^
>
> Jep, some cleanups for libxfcegui4.

Well, the xinerama stuff has been deprecated anyway, since 4.2, I'm not
sure it's worth the effort... Anyway, if it's done...

> BTW: Here's a screenshot:
>
> http://www.foo-projects.org/~benny/tmp/new-settings-look.png

Humm by reading the code I realized that the new title widget use
#ffffff as default background and I'm not sure it will look very good
with darker themes. I thought it was using "base[NORMAL]", which is
specified by all themes, but it's not the case.

I don't believe that ppl who make gtk themes will add any entry for xfce
title anyway (or any xfce specific stuff, they target gnome, just gnome
usually), having it customizable separately is a bit hopeless. Not a big
deal though.

Last think why do you just the version from 4.3.90.1 to 4.3.90.3? We
have not release beta 2, did we? That would be breaking the versionning
for no goo reason I think.

Anyway, I think you should commit your patch (except maybe the
discontinuity in versioning as we have not released 4.3.90.2), it's
going in the right direction.

Cheers,
Olivier.