xfce4-mixer and future features?

Dale fastfoo at fastmail.fm
Thu Mar 30 12:00:43 CEST 2006

Oblio wrote:
> It might be, but bringing that overhead just for a one shot config...

It's not a once-off config requirement - for example, when one switches
between speakers and headphones one would require this, particularly on
certain laptops.

Besides, even if this, or another feature is used only occasionally, it
brings *NIX desktop applications closer to the average non-technical
user who's used to other OS's which allow them to do so. In fact, most
people whom I've converted to using GNU/Linux always comment (complain)
about being unable to change/configure certain things like this via a
GUI. I am all for simplicity and avoiding pointless features, but
muting/un-muting various channels is something I've often had to use on
laptops.

--
Dale