Xfce 4.4BETA1

Aaron aaronf0 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 04:12:30 CEST 2006

id like to point out that putting a very pimping release of xfce into
ubuntu would be better than rushing crap to make xubuntu's release, as
obilo said alot of people use it, and thats where alot of our users
are coming from.

(the gtk-2.8 bug was the easiest way to notice this, as ubuntu didn't
update xfce right away, and there were alot of pissed of ubuntu users
hanging in #xfce.)

On 3/26/06, Pau Rul·lan Ferragut <pau at correu.zigazaga.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 06:14:11PM +0000, sofar wrote:
> >On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 17:11:09 +0100, Robin Haswell <rob at digital-crocus.com> wrote:
>
> >> Sorry, instead of 4.4 I meant "latest SVN" - 4.3, or whatever that is.
> >> Anyway, I don't know what you want from XFCE but if you want it to be
> >> more popular you should consider Ubuntu as "maybe a bit more relevant
> >> than irrelevant", as XFCE is perfectly poised in Ubuntuland with
> >> Xubuntu.
>
> >Here is what really matters to the release schedule:
> >
> >- that the developers have extra time to make releases
>
> and the translators to have good string-freezes :D
>
> I do not have vote on this discussion but I completely agree with you,
> sofar.
>
> --
>
> 1100101011001010 11011110 1011101011001010

Aaron Fineman